The last few weeks have been very busy. In my last post, I wrote about the progress with the roof, which is now nearly done. In addition, our builder has also made considerable progress on many fronts.
After installing the drywall, they have taped, mudded, sanded, and primed all of the walls.
The soffit trim has been a long-standing issue. After installing the windows, we realized that we couldn’t open them without the window bumping into the soffit trim. Worse, the trim that had been installed was not appropriate for outside installation (due to an error translating the approved plans into the final plans) and was damaged and warped by the weather.
Continue reading “Addition progress”
Today was an exciting day. Our custom Marvin windows arrived and were installed.
Continue reading “Windows have arrived!”
We are now officially into the 6th month of the project. After our village issued the work permit on August 17th, 2017, we applied for a parking permit on September 15th, 2017 when it appeared work was imminent. Our house is walking distance to two schools, and there are street parking restrictions as a result.
Our driveway is long and narrow, and only wide enough to accommodate a single car. Since the contractors can’t park on the street, the driveway is their only option. The parking permit allows us to park our car on the street when contractors are using our driveway.
That permit was good for six months, and the police officer we received it from told us to return to have it renewed. When we returned last week, the police department denied the renewal. Maybe it was just a bad day, or maybe a neighbor has been complaining. Who knows.
Continue reading “6 month update – parking, roofing, and rot, oh my!”